Headache according to Chinese medicine is caused by the stagnation of qi, Blood or Moisture.
For headache treatment, the Chinese herbal formula Chuan Xiong Cha Piao is the usual remedy for headache. The formula contains a number of herbs, including ligusticum, angelica, asarum, and peppermint. According to Chinese Herbalists, this formula would break up the stagnation.
For proper use of this formula for the treatment of headach consult your Chinese herbalist.
Acupuncture is also used as hadache treatment and has been established to help relieve headaches. Even the National Institute of Health and the United Nations World Health Organization endorses acupuncture for treating headaches.
To use acupuncture for the treatment of headache, you have to consult your professional acupunturist. But you may alternatively use acupressure to relieve headache by applying a steady, penetrating finger pressure for 3 minutes to the following points;
- Large Intestine 4, located at the back of your hand where the bones of your thumb and index finger meet.
- Governing Vessel 24.5, located between your eyebrows where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead
- Governing Vesel 16, located in the center of the back of your head, in the hollow at the base of your skull
- Bladder 2, located on either side of your nose, where the bridge of your nose meets the ridge of our eyebrows
- Stomach 3, located at the base of the cheekbone, directly below your pupil
- Liver 3, situated on totp of you r foot in the webbing between your big toe and second toe.